September 29, 2016
PDP Won OREDO LGA: SECURITY OPERATIVES MUST ARREST ADAMS OSIOHMOLE's CHIEF THUG
1. Following the announcement of the results of the Edo State Gubernatorial Election for Oredo Local Government Area in which our Candidate scored a massive victory over the candidate of the Ruling All Progressives’ Congress (APC), a known Thug and Enforcer of Governor Adams Oshiomole – Mr. Osakpanwam Eriyo (aka Nomoreloss) has invaded the Collation Centre along with several armed cohorts.
2. During this invasion, Mr. Osakpanwam Eriyo forcefully removed all result sheets used in collating results for the LGA. It is very worrisome that security agents acted in collusion with this Thug in his objectionable conduct.
3. The Nigerian public will recall that we have severally given warnings about the plan of the Ruling APC to attack LGA collation centres where they deemed the results of the elections to be unfavourable.
4. Further to this, we hereby call on the Inspector General of Police and the heads of the relevant security agencies to immediately arrest Mr. Eriyo and his accomplices. We also urge the IGP and other security agencies to immediately retrieve the Election Result sheets from this reprehensible fellow and return them safely to INEC to enable the Electoral Body complete the electoral process.
5. It is imperative that the Nigerian Police Force immediately arrests Mr. Eriyo as a means of building confidence in the electorate. Failure to do so may lead to people resorting to self help to enforce their rights which may in turn lead to a breakdown of law and order.
6. God bless Edo State. God bless Nigeria.
Prince Dayo Adeyeye
National Publicity Secretary